Ministry of Defence, MNW Programme
CarillionAmey are the Regional Prime Contractor on the Central Region covering South Wales to Northumbria. The MOD spend profile is sporadic depending upon release of budgets. This causes peaks in workload at very short notice leading to challenging deadlines.
OHC were engaged to scope, cost and evaluate 70 M&E and Fabric projects across the estate in an 8 week period, totalling £5.65M. Average project value £80K. Max value £880K. Due to the nature of the estate, projects were diverse and included; capital plant replacement, refurbishment projects and specialist facilities.
- CarillionAmey outsourced this exercise exclusively to OHC
- Deploy resources to suit volume, type of work and location
- Agree commercial approach for different types of works
- Visit sites and liaise with end user customer to define scopes
- Review of existing supply chain suitability and capacity
- Producing scoping documents and issue tenders
- Develop a detailed fully resourced plan of works
- Review tenders, evaluate and make recommendations
Achievements and Benefits
- 100% of programme achieved on time and within budget
- CarillionAmey staff able to maintain focus on core works
- Stringent MOD corporate governance requirements met
- OHC integrated offer – M&E and fabric expertise