We are recruiting!
Looking for a new job? Oxhey Hall Consulting is a dynamic, rapidly growing business specialising in the hard services facilities management sector. Innovation is at the heart of what we do, combining our considerable industry expertise with our in-house software solutions, we are challenging and transforming this sector. Over 90% repeat business is testimony to our success.
As an RICS Chartered Practice, you will be joining an organisation operating to the best professional and ethical standards.
This a great opportunity to join a progressive team at a time of considerable growth, providing exciting career advancement opportunities. You will be significantly contributing to the continued success of the organisation.
We have the following positions available and looking for suitable candidates to join us:
Oxhey Hall Consulting provides surveying technologies and services to some of the largest and well-known organisations in the country, helping them understand and manage the condition of their properties and assets with our innovative information management and business intelligence systems.
We’re looking for a dynamic, driven software engineer to join us to help lead the development of our next generation platform and services that underpin our flagship building asset management solution.
The successful candidate will have many opportunities to employ the latest technologies in our new products, and be on the cutting edge of back-end, front-end and mobile development, while building and supporting our new service. As part of a small company, working on a ‘greenfield’ development, your role will encompass the entire software development life-cycle, from prototyping, design, development, testing and deployment, all with a sprinkling of DevOps throughout.
What you’ll be doing
You will be leading our development projects, creating a brand-new suite of reliable and scalable mobile and web-based solutions, spanning the full stack, on a range of modern cloud-based technologies.
You’ll be building large scale frameworks and architectures to enable you to create tools and other systems around our platform.
We’ll expect you to be innovating and continually improving your workflow with advanced CI/CD techniques, and optimising how we test and deploy our products ensuring utmost reliability and service.
Along the way, you’ll be researching emerging tools and technologies, trends and methods and enhancing existing systems and processes.
What we’ll expect from you
You are an innovative and dynamic developer with a strong professional image, a sound understanding of and passion for technology. You want to make an impact on an industry worth £111bn per annum in the UK and you want to work in a fast-moving, busy environment to achieve it. You have excellent commercial awareness and a track record of delivering software projects on time and within budget.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience of working extensively in the data layer
- Experience of working with Linux
- Experience building and documenting JSON APIs
- Good front-end web development skills (HTML5, CSS, Sass, TypeScript)
- Strong version control experience (Git / Github)
- Experience of using DevOps approaches to automate deployment, configuration & testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A strong aptitude for problem solving
Optional Skills & Experience
- Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant – or other virtualisation/containerisation technologies
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet – or other deployment automation technologies
- Angular2+, ReactJS, or Vue.js
- NoSQL/Schema-less/Document database experience will be useful
- Mobile development on Android or iOS (either natively or with a framework such as Cordova, Ionic or NativeScript)
- Familiarity with OAuth2, OpenID Connect and OpenAPI
- Familiarity with OWASP security standards or similar
- Have worked with Agile development and tools such as JIRA & Confluence
What you can expect from us
We’re a hard-working friendly team that’s passionate about what we do. As well as offering the ability to really shape the future of a new software service in a small but highly successful business, we’re offering:
- A salary of up to £45,000 based on experience
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Training and the ability to develop your tech skills, including subscription to a well-known online training platform
- A flexible working environment, including remote working and drop-in availability at our Watford and Maidstone offices
- Casual dress code
If you are interested in this role, please contact us.
M&E Asset Surveyors (Freelance & Permanent) - National
Please Use the Contact Us form on this webpage to apply for this role or ask for further information about any opportunities within the company.
Contact us identifying the role you are interesting in applying for. Please include your contact telephone number in your message.