Oxhey Hall provide innovative solutions to undertake NHS Backlog Condition Surveys and provide clients with a dynamic web-based lifecycle and capital planning model that continually informs Estates Strategy. Our M&E and Building surveyors utilise our in-house tablet survey solution improving efficiency, consistency and robustness of captured data. Our fully compliant NHS Backlog Methodology enables automatic population of ERIC returns. Oxhey Hall’s ‘Backlog+’ survey provides a more holistic approach to for your estate and supports the key recommendations of the Naylor Report.
Our in-house surveying software enables us to produce fully compliant NHS Estates Code Backlog Methodology and six facet surveys. Our web-based models allow stakeholders to model their estate on many different basis, including criticality, to help prioritise spend within increasingly challenging budget cycles.
Read our case profile on Walsall Manor Hospital, a key requirement of the project was to comply with the NHS Risk Based Methodology.
If you are responsible for asset management of your healthcare estate, see how Oxhey Hall can help delver cost-effective asset management solutions using our experienced surveying teams and innovative in-house software solutions to help inform estates strategy.
Six Facet Surveys
Six-facet surveys assist NHS clients assess their estate commissioning, backlog maintenance, investment and asset strategies. We provide a thorough service, ensuring all clients can confidently appraise their estates with regards to use, condition and compliance. The facets covered under this service are:
- FACET 1: Physical Condition Survey (Fabric & M&E) – The physical condition of the estate is assessed on three elements; the internal and external building fabric, mechanical systems and electrical systems.
- FACET 2: Statutory Compliance Audit (inc. Fire) – Fire, health and safety are assessed on the property’s compliance to statutory legislation.
- FACET 3: Space Utilisation Audit – Space Utilisation is assessed on a series of judgements made on the intensity of use i.e. the number of people using it and the frequency with which they use it.
- FACET 4: Functional Suitability Review – Functional suitability is assessed on three elements; internal space relationships, support facilities and location.
- FACET 5: Quality Audit – Quality is assessed on three elements; amenity, comfort and design.
- FACET 6: Environmental Management Audit – Environmental management is assessed on the overall efficiency of the property, with energy being a critical factor.
Key features of the article are highlighted on our case profile at https://oxheyhall.com/case-profiles/walsall-manor-hospital
We are successfully implementing this innovative approach across several other NHS Trusts and in many of the other sectors that we work in.
NHS Backlog Methodology